Sunday 1/10/2021 Bike Ride to see house & to swim

 Sunday mornings are my favorite time to go into town. less traffic,  the Malecon(boardwalk) is closed to automobile to allow pedestrians, bicyclists and kids free reign of the water side drive.
This Sunday my goal was to locate the Post Office (easy) and a potential new pad for me (harder).

The house location was described as the "2nd road on left after  you take a right off the Malecon".   well I go by one road,  the next is 100 meters up the steepest hill on the planet.  Gearing down with max e-power I make it to the top. Once recovered, I see the gate guard looking at me expectedly.  The property I seek is Not in a millionaires gated complex. I point to the bottom of the hill, the guard smiles and laughs, as I push off with smoking brakes checking the plummet.  There at the base is  the house I seek,  big and austere with a fabulous view,  and importantly, a easy bike ride to the swimming beaches .


So I saw the apartment, originally priced at $400 a month then being told it was $450  left a bad impression.  Then construction to do, there are bars on windows, steps at every room transition,  the barking dog did not help,  but it did have a nice view through the barred  windows.

On up to Playa de Coromuel.  The guarded beach opens at 11 one guy in a wet suit precedes me.  I  stingray-shuffle into the water.  which is perfectly cool for swimming.  I swam out to the buoys then back and for the length of the beach and out around the pier.  The pelicans get used to me and do some high dives  from about 25' up into the water within 8 feet of me.  Young waitresses trudge through the sand soliciting orders from the beach goers. It is low tide and there are wetsuit clad mexicans poking around with sticks in the shallow water, clams?



It s about a 40 minute ride from where I park to where I swim.  I buy a pint of fresh ceviche and chips enough for a day or more of snacking..



\



Comments