Sunday 12/27/2020 Bike ride to Playa El Coromuel

Having seen swimmers at Playa El Coromuel  the previous day, I targeted this  to investigate further.

Parked again at the west end of town.  I rode along the Malecon (Boardwalk)  again closed to car traffic of Sunday morning families,walkers and bikers


First stop was Veelearen  beach area where they keep their boats for rentals.  Again these boats are found to be beat  up.  Disappointing.   I continue my ride through town towards the west,  to the the end of the bike trail.  I switch onto the steep pedestrian way that has a beautiful view.   Coming down I go visit a business whose site I viewed on google.   Cortez Club diving.  The web page of course, shows beautiful pristine dive locations.  I ride into the gated compound, it looks/smells like boat yard with  outboard motors aplenty.  I suppose these are needed to get ot the areas of pristine beauty.


Back on the road I turn back to ride east along the beach to investigate Playa El Coromuel  Finding it,  the gates to the compound are closed and attended by guards who say they will open at 11am in their broken english.

Yet I see people swimming,  their bikes parked on the beach.     Need to quiz the ex-pat community.

ExPat FB member said there is a hidden shortcut path, will try that tomorrow.


A pretty ride back to the car, then off to Ley for groceries  I buy the stuff not available at the fruteria, ice cream,  bread, the least expensive .30 donut,  most expensive $3 pint  blueberries. I need to remember Learn to take pictures of groceries to avoid long waits for veryyy longgg  price checks.  They also sell motor cycles.


Driving home long the beach I spy the first small pleasure boat (besides kayaks & SPBs) that I have seen.   Fishing by kayak I need to look up guides.   The school teacher and a buddy are on a two day sailing camping trip.



Comments