Christmas eve Garlic Butter Mar de Cortez Shrimp

Some where along the way I starting equating Christmas with Shrimp. I think it was in Wisconsin. You know how plentiful shrimp are up there, Anyhow, yesterday I spied in the corner of my local Fuiteria a small freezer with the label "Camarones 150 pesos Kilo" ..."well lets see" $3.40 US is pretty good price for a medio kilo. Cleaning took a bit of time. Simon on the beach encouraged me. Simon, another interesting beach conicidental converstion. This happy fellow, a heavy english accent, from Canada, has come for years to La Paz, bought sold houses. now living in the Hills (10 feet higher than the rest of us). Also likes Rvs and boats, transporting them back and forth....26 times up and down the Baja. Now down to his rental he is trying and 65 foot ferro cement sloop on the dry at the north end of the sea of Cortez. "yes" he replies it is equiped to single hand sailing.

Comments