Cafe Revuelto (Scrambled Coffee)



I ventured into el Centro, the center of  town for fresh ground coffee recommended by Doc. Basted with honey the bitter shell is blown off in a heated tumbler. A simple store front, a queue 3 , 4 deep waiting their turn for a special grind.  One spritely middle aged lady running the show takes my order while at the same time grinding the previous order. I order “regulars dos molidas” (twice ground) per the docs prescription. 1 kilos 170 pesos, 2.2 lbs about $3.80 a pound.  I do not know why it is called scrambled...unless it's from the tumbling to remove the shells.



Dumping the fresh grounds in the truck I walk to beach front promenade Los Mochitos. On the way I carry a couple barstools being moved by a crew on the sidewalk. Surprised they are effusive in their thanks.  


A few people are enjoy the sea scape all are wearing masks.I walk by clean modern bus station, masked and crowd controlled, not a bum in site.  Zeroing in La Fuente ( The Fountain) ice cream shop I order 2 scoop mango & vanilla which was way too big. 


So another successful dive into a metro center, it was a early Saturday morning so traffic wasn't bad.  But that doenst change the 20 4 way stops one has to negotiate drive to the center.



Comments